Friday, December 2, 2011

favorite things

"If we live by the Spirit, let us also be guided by the Spirit."
-Galatians 5:25

I've been thinking about the Holy Spirit this week.
Such an interesting topic in the Bible. 
The fact that God wanted to be with us ALL the time that he chose to give us a part of Him: His Spirit....just blows my mind.
He says He does  not give us the Spirit in small amounts, but He gives it to us abundantly.
Even in the times when we don't seem to "feel" the Spirit or "feel" like he's doing a work in our lives, he's there.
Emanuel: God with us.
So intricately attached...surrounded...encompassed by His Spirit.

Also, I just finished reading "Heaven is For Real" by Todd Burpo.
It was given to me by a dear friend and I can't recommend it enough.
It will have you thinking about heaven for weeks.
An easy read and a truly stunning depiction of how REAL heaven is.
Go check it out!

 The following pictures are some of my favorite things that God sprinkled into my life this past week:



"snowflake" chai from my fave coffee shop 


gorgeous sunset God painted for me while at work 


 mini Martinelli's!!  I squealed when I saw these.






I got to see so many long-lost friends. Ahh...fills my heart.

 

Snow + Christmas lights = by far one of my most favorite things 


Our family was blessed by a new, beautiful, perfect addition this week!
I love her way too much already.


 That fresh, new baby smell is one of the best smells on earth.

H

Haha so I decided to try to do a little DIY project.
It turned out pretty well!
Bought a $5 nasty sweater from Goodwill,
cut it, sewed it,
and viola! 
A new, warm winter skirt!
:)

RANDOM:
I'm sitting in a coffee shop (AKA: the perfect place to listen to random convos)
This high school boy is talking to what seems to be his shrink.
Haha I just heard this:
Boy said, "Me and my sister don't really get along."
Shrink, "What happened?"
Boy, "I was getting out of the car, she got pissed, and she punched me. IN THE FACE!!"
Shrink, "Hahahahahhahahahaha."

hahahhaha this made my day.  His face was priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment