Saturday, February 11, 2012

a vow to love

I haven't been blogging as much this year but I felt like this is worth talking about...

Last night I went to see "The Vow" in theaters with an amazing friend of mine. To get the synopsis of the movie you can watch the TRAILER!  It's a total chick flick.  Girls: you'll love it + cry.  Guys: you most likely will be checking your watch during the movie. haha but I liked it.

This blog isn't really about the movie though.  It's more about what happened after I saw the movie.  I was driving home late in my heat-less car as it was starting to snow. There was something about the movie that really hit me.  As I was trying to pin point what it was, God connected the dots for me.

The movie follows the love story of two people.  They're super cute + in love so they get married.  One night, they got hit by a car and she received a head injury that caused her to lose some of her memory. She had no idea who her husband was.  So, the rest of their story is about him trying to make her fall in love with him all over again.  There were so many times he wanted to be with her yet she continually pushed him away.  She shoves him aside and pursues her own life - the life she remembered before him.  

I was driving home and I realized the movie plot is so similar to that of our love story with God.  I mean, how many times have we had something happen in our lives where we seem to get a brain injury and forget His love?  

He becomes a stranger to us.
Instead of working things out with Him, we push Him away.  We decide to figure things out for ourselves.

It really hit me how persistently and recklessly He pursues us.  Consistently trying to make us fall in love with Him.

He LOVES us.
He loves US.

How incredible is that?

  “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love.
      With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself."
- God 
 (Jer. 31:3)
Have a wonderful Valentine's weekend!
I hope you all can feel loved in a deeper, more meaningful way this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment