Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter

Happy (late) Easter!


So thankful for our God that made his son rise from the dead.
It's just crazy that we can live because He died. 


Easter was filled with family and food (like all good holidays).
It was a little different this year.  But, I can't complain. 


Hiked the incline last Saturday.
Talk about burn!  So many stinkin' steps!  It was awesome to get to the top though.  Running down I took a little spill.  I was just sad my knee looked gross for my cute Easter outfit. haha it was so swollen and gross.  But other than that it was so splendid!  I'm hoping to hike or do something outdoors every weekend when the weather is nice :)  We'll see how that goes. 


Yesterday was spent cleaning the garage.  Gotta love Spring cleaning, right?
Well, let's just say... we found some buried treasures in there.


Went to see the little bro play with his band at the Gothic Theater.
Check them out.  Their band's name is "The Fairgrounds"


Dad has been continuing with chemo treatment.
He's at the hospital right now with mom. He was having symptoms like he had when his lung collapsed.  They said his lung didn't collapse but they are still trying to figure out what is wrong.


This week at school has been INSANE.
It's that time of year again when everything is due at once.


Last Thursday was such a weird day at school because:
1. One of my teachers told us she was canceling class for the rest of the year.  She said her mom was diagnosed with cancer and she had to go out to be with her.  So crazy/shocking/sad.  Keep her in your prayers!


2. Was waiting for the lightrail when a homeless guy came up to me and asked if I had spare change.  I said no.  Then, for some reason, we started talking.  Haha, we ended up talking for at least fifteen minutes about the meaning of life and what keeps you going.  Have you ever had one of those moments when you think, "Wow.  That had to have been planned by God"?  It was such a moment and it was really obvious it was from God.  Anyways, this old gent's name was Nick.  Pray he will come to see God as the one he truly needs.


3. Once on the lightrail, I witnessed a drug deal. haha you think I'm joking.  I'm not.  One guy paid his friend $50 for weed.  Then the lady across from me leaned across the aisle to ask the dealer for something.  The dealer told her he only had weed.  With wide, creepy eyes and twitching shoulders, she said she needed, "the other stuff."  Ummm yeah.  Needless to say, I memorized everything about all of them from head to toe.  Haha so sketch.

View from the top of the Incline in Manitou

concert

family

Gabbi's first Easter!

rusted old tools

used, web-filled mouth guard. haha so gross...

No comments:

Post a Comment