Sunday, May 27, 2012

color-FULL

"The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. 
My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life."
-Jesus (John 10:10)

Satan's purpose:
--steal.
--kill.
--destroy.

Jesus' purpose:
--rich + satisfying life.

So many times I feel like Satan tries to steal, kill, and destroy our happiness, our hope, and our freedom.

This week, I've been so thankful that God not only combats what Satan does, but he wants to give us a life that is RICH.  A life that is SATISFYING.  He wants us to have a life FULL of happiness, hope, and freedom.  

And on that note, I did the COLOR RUN yesterday!!  The run is said to be "The happiest 5K on earth" and let me tell you...it totally lives up to it's name!  I didn't sleep at all the night before - I was way too excited - it was like Christmas morning.  I ran with a bunch of friends from church.  The proceeds went to Children's Hospital.  While running, with each kilometer we passed, they threw colored corn starch at us.  Each kilometer was a different color and at the end, with colored packets in hand, everyone threw the color at each other! It was just an insane explosion of color and bliss!  I think I was laughing and yelling the entire way (maybe that explains my sore throat haha).  Man, I was just so thankful to be able to run and have some good ole fun!

As for Dad, he hasn't been feeling too horrible lately.  I think the biggest update is that his left arm and leg are not functioning like they should be.  The function in his left hand has become very minimal, making even the most simple tasks almost impossible to complete.  As you could imagine, it would be super frustrating to not be able to use your hand.  It has been really discouraging and frustrating for him.  We are really praying that full function will be restored to his leg, arm, hand, and whole body!  If you could pray that he doesn't feel like his hope and happiness is stolen, killed, or destroyed, that'd be great!  Also, let's pray a rich, satisfying life over him, filled with hope and joy! 



before the run : all clean! 

some of the runnin' friends 
10,000 people! 
finish line! 

These were used to help the painters at the house.  So awesome!

*sigh* someday...

Summer: tanning + reading + roof 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment