Sunday, May 13, 2012

Ya, blessings

As they say in Spanish, "¡YA!"


It's finished.
My Junior year of college has come to an end.


I know I always say this but seriously...where is time going?!
These past few weeks have been utter chaos.
At the beginning of this semester I never thought I'd make it through:


1. A night class (on my sketchville campus) or
2. Survive a Friday morning class


But, huzzah!  The finish line was finally crossed on Friday afternoon and I was once again amazed by God.  Truly, it's a miracle!  There were many a times I felt like I wasn't going to make it through the semester.  The final two weeks of school were a real test of patience, sanity, and trust.  I can't even say how thankful I am that I can not only take off that load of books from my back, but also that stress can come off my shoulders.  PRAISE THE LORD FOR SUMMER BREAK!  It still feels unreal I'm really done.


My little SIL (sis-in-law), Tirza and I went to Oklahoma last weekend for my broha and his fiancé's wedding showers.  Their wedding is going to be so stinking amazing, fun and adorable.  Can't wait!  It was so great being able to get on a plane and visit them.  It was the first time since Panama that Tirz and I flew together.  Great times were had, many random people were met, and it was so great seeing the fam!  It kinda stinks though...just makes me wish, all the more, that we all lived close.  Maybe someday ;)


So...it's no real secret that running has become my greatest outlet for stress, right?  Well, it's true.  A good, long run could improve even the worst day.  MMmm yeah, well, after my little hamstring decided it no longer liked me running on it, I broke down and had to get new running shoes.  Because of numerous happenings, I was running-shoe-less for a little over two weeks.  And that is what I truly consider torture.  I thought I was going to go insane.  But, in all honesty, I think it was good for me.  Taught me a little patience, and I found there were other things I could be spending time on.  But man, when that package showed up on my doorstep I screamed and jumped with excitement, ripped the box open, and ran out the door with them (while singing "I'm Walking on Sunshine") hahaha.  So thankful for just the blessing of good shoes.  I don't want to take things like that for granted.  So many go shoeless everyday.  Puts some things in perspective, huh?


Speaking of blessings...last Saturday night I went to see THE FRAY at Red Rocks!!  I was blessed with a free ticket to the most epic night/concert of my life.  No joke, my mind was blown.  To sum it up: there was rain + fog + awesome people + city lights + awesome music + hilarious people watching + beautiful mountains.  Oh yeah, AND.....I TOUCHED the lead singer of The Fray! Hahahhaha yep, that's right!  He ran down the row in front of me!  I usually don't get real excited about "famous people" but I'm pretty proud.  Not everyone can say that, so I'm pretty pumped. hahaha it was just the cherry on top of an incredible night.  It was basically perfect.


Over the past few weeks dad did quite a few chemo treatments.  This left him feeling pretty horrid.  There were a few days he was unable to get out of bed because he was so weak and sick.  Thankfully, he is feeling a little better now.  He has been having trouble using his left hand/arm lately.  They are going to try and figure out what may be causing that.  But for now, prayers for patience & healing would be wonderful! Thanks!


The Martin household is still utter chaos.  Demo was fun for the first two days, I think.  After that, it just became insane and inconvenient.  The who main level is filled with sawdust and ripped apart rooms.  Not gonna lie, I can't wait for this to be done.  But it is fun to come home everyday and know it won't be the same as when I left in the morning.  Can't wait to see the final product!


Anyways, I hope you all are counting your blessings.
Life is too short to take things for granted.


Happy Mother's Day & Happy Summer!!


reno!

The Fray!!!

My new babies

a girl kickin' her heals off for Summer

looove Red Rocks!




No comments:

Post a Comment