Thursday, May 9, 2013

week one:: growing pains


Oh goodness. A week and a half in and it feels like forever ago that we were in France, getting our Pilgrim credentials and bursting with excitement for our upcoming pilgrimage. 

The first week was FULL of what I now call "growing pains."  Figuring out how to function as a group of four. Figuring out how to pack our backpack so it feels as light as possible. Figuring out how to get out of the hostel in time (before an angry, loud French man kicks us out). Figuring out (the hard way) that if you don't walk your own pace, you will get injured. Figuring out the limit of your body. 

The scenery as been beyond gorgeous. Every. Single. Day. This has been a huge blessing because when my feet are screaming, I'm soaked from head to toe in rain, covered in mud/dirt, and all I want to do is sleep, looking around gives me hope. It reminds me that I'm exactly where I want to be. Where I'm meant to be. 

We have met so many awesome people and I'm sure we will continue to do so. It was a little frustrating to be in a group of people all the time. When we got to cities it felt like a rat race. There were so many pilgrims who all needed a place to stay. That was the most frustrating + stressful part. But, I'm just adding it to my "growing pains" list and trying to learn something from it. It's not worth getting stressed over. 

There have been so many hilarious parts to this trip already. The memories are continually getting added onto. 

The past few days we have started to get into a groove of things. It's not as hard getting up before the sun. We know what we want and where we want to go each day. And we are learning how to communicate with each other. 

I am so thankful for: 
- ear plugs
- a warm shower 
- wine 
- my family 
- deodorant 
- and that God is patient and walks every single day by my side. 

Insights:
- invest in yourself now and you (and the people around you) will reap a harvest later.  

-"to reach your destiny, you often have to walk away from your comforts." 

No comments:

Post a Comment