Tuesday, September 17, 2013

"do what makes you happy"

It seems so...fluffy.
Nice.
Agreeable.
Encouraging.
Right.

I'm sure you have seen it, too:







"Indulge your every whim....follow your heart...do what makes YOU HAPPY."

Please answer this question for me:
What would your life look like if you just did what makes you happy?
...what if you followed your heart?

Let me open up a little bit of my personal journal and tell you:
---my life would be a freaking MESS.
---my relationships would be DESTROYED.
---my God would be WORTHLESS.
---and I. Would. Be. MISERABLE. 

The heart is deceitful above all things
    and beyond cure.
    Who can understand it?
-GOD 
(Jeremiah 17:9)

Please, oh please, don't believe the lie that this life is all about you.  That you're in control.  And that your heart knows best.  It's sooooo not true.  Trust GOD, who is in control and who this life is all about.

BE SPIRIT LED, NOT FEELING LED. 

 So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world.  So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy.  For the Scriptures say, 
“You must be holy because I am holy.”
--Peter (1 Peter 1:13-16)


No comments:

Post a Comment