Thursday, January 6, 2011

childhood contentment




Have you ever met those people who are just always...happy?
They're always content.
What's up with that? I always think, "How can they consistently be content in ANY situation?!"

Answer: they LEARNED

Paul the apostle wrote (while living in a dungeon):
Not that I speak from want;
for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.
I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity;
in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry,
both of having abundance and suffering need.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me (Phil. 4:11-13).


I always thought that you either ARE or are NOT content. However, I am coming to the great epiphany that we
choose to learn this lesson or we choose not to. Everyday we have the choice, right? We can decide daily to rely on Jesus to give us that happiness.

"Lack of contentment is the result of the terrible burden of wanting life on your terms."

A terrible burden. Wow. We want things our way, and we want them now. That's what it comes down to, doesn't it? There are sooo many things we try to control: our job, our money, our marital status, our family, our friends, our weight, our social status. BUT...there was a time when we didn't have to think about any of that...

Childhood.

The one thing everyone desires once they reach "adulthood." The desire to be care-free again. The desire to not have to make any decisions. Well, guess what?! God still wants to do that for US! We can decide to let our Heavenly Father take all those decisions, all the control, and that huge burden away from us. We can still be HIS kiddos! His care-free, joyful, content, blissful little babes. How amazing does that sound?! Personally, I think it sounds pretty ideal.

So put on a smile!
Let's learn to be content.
One baby-step at a time.

Learning
to give my Daddy God all the control so I can learn to be content.


No comments:

Post a Comment