Friday, February 4, 2011

lockers and locos


I gotta locker.
I gotta locker.
I gotta locker,
Hey hey hey hey!

This is super thrilling to me because:
1. I've never had my own locker before.
2. This means I can use the treadmill @ school.
3. And because it's just so gosh darn cute!

Los locos de MSCD:

Stories:

1. A girl around the age of 25ish was walking around campus with a pink, knit hat with "American Girl" on the side. She was also carrying her very own American Girl Doll. I mean, the dolls are pretty sweet but I grew out of that phase once I reached the age of 10.

2. A guy in my class came in with a blue-haired wig/Afro. He simply said, "I woke up today and thought, 'It's a blue hair day....' " Ummm...okay?? That doesn't make
it appropriate nor socially accepted.

3. Walking to class + snow + zero traction shoes + ice = I fell, thrashed my knee, got covered in snow and now I have a lovely purple bruise the size of my fist
. OUCH!

4. On the lightrail (why do I have so many lightrail stories? I have no idea) there were a bunch of people packed on. Right when I saw who I was standing next to...I knew it'd be a long, interesting ride home. The guy to my left (we'll call him Mr. Creep) start
ed beat-boxing right next to me. I looked over and Mr. Creep wasn't listening to music, but I guess he decided he would create his own (slightly horrible) song for all to hear! As the train started going, he grabbed the handrail on the right side of my head, essentially putting his arm around my shoulder. Then his phone goes off and it was the Mario Bros theme song! What. A. WEIRDO!

lovely sunset

One of my goals for the year is to memorize a scripture every month. For the new month of February (can you believe it's already February?!?) is:

Romans 5:3-5
"We also rejoice in our sufferings,
because we know that
suffering produces perseverance;
perseverance, character;
and character, hope.
And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his
love into our hearts
by the Holy Spirit,
whom he has given us."

2 comments:

  1. Great Scripture to memorize. I need to get busy and do more memorizing. I did a lot when I was young and I'm glad for that. But I need to keep up. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Metro is full of creeps! Remember that one guy that hit on me on the light rail by telling me he liked the bow in my hair? And then he creeped on you at the street preacher?

    So many creeps.

    Also I love that verse :)

    ReplyDelete