Sunday, May 29, 2011

God love


Sweet, relaxing week.
I don't think I've ever relaxed so much before this week.
It was filled with movies, laying in the sun, and God love.
I was struck this week by God's love and how POWERFUL He is.
No wonder it says in the Bible that we should have a "Godly fear."
Reading some stories in the Old Testament just blow my mind.
Such awesome things that speak so highly of His crazy power.
But at the same time He chooses to m
ake himself vulnerable, in a sense, to love us so deeply are purely.




nothing to do.


so true.


<3



I feel like it is so easy to get down-trodden by the world. That may sound cliche, but it's true. The real world really stinks sometimes.

Seriously, let's just be honest!

It's not always rainbows and butterflies. People are jerks sometimes. I know I'm a jerk sometimes, too. But it's easy to buckle under it all and submit to playing the victim. It's times like those that I have to sit down and read the same verse over and over and over to get it though my head that GOD IS BIGGER! He is bigger and better than Satan and all his evil workings put together. I hate it when I get so wrapped up in thinking how scary the world is and how evil people are sometimes...when really, MY GOD is soooooo much more powerful than any of that stuff!

This scripture and these songs by Kari Jobe are the lifelines I run to in times like that. Just that assurance that GOD is for me. He is battling
for me. He is protecting me! And He is continually healing me.

Kari Jobe - You Are For Me

Kari Jobe - Healer

Psalm 46 is so wonderful. I can't even tell you how many times I've read it this week. My favorite portion of it is:

Psalm 46:5, "God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day."



1 comment:

  1. I love your heart. What great reminders of God's amazing goodness and pure love for us. It's incredible.

    ReplyDelete