Tuesday, July 12, 2011

faithful beauty in everything

Woah baby!
We've been here for over a week now. Whew! It feels good to be past that one week mark and to be settled in here. I think the stress of trying to find our way around town and figuring out a schedule and stuff is over (for the most part). So man, that sure does feel nice! haha

Sunday: best day in Scottsdale. We went to a church service on Saturday night and then to a different church on Sunday morning. The Sunday morning church made my life 1,000x brighter! It felt like home. The church was comprised of like 1/4 Mexicans...I mean, how could you go wrong?!? I also got the opportunity to go on my first adventure alone in good ole Scottsdale! I drove across town for a college group (which was stellar!). It was totally an answer to all my prayers - that I could get connected with some legit people, be encouraged, and be able to blast some country music with the windows down in our big ole pickup truck ;)

Brice and I woke up at 4am to go hike "Camelback" mountain this morning. My parents thought we were crazy but when we started hiking at 5am, there were already 30+ cars in the parking lot (I guess we weren't the only crazy ones!). It was so gorgeous and fulfilling to get to the summit just in time to watch the sunrise over God's beautiful earth. There are few things that can just fill up your soul like that, ya know? Well, watching a sunrise like that always reminds me of how faithful God is. He is more faithful and beautiful than the sunrise.

"You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands."
-isaiah 55:12




No comments:

Post a Comment