Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Haboob!!



Yesterday I had the (great) pleasure to go to IKEA!! Woop woop! That store truly is amazing. It was so much fun to be there. Makes me so pumped for JULY 27th! :)

Last night we decided to go for a late night dip in the pool before we headed to bed. We all got ready and were walking down the steps when all of us asked each other, "Does it look smokey to you? I can't see anything!" It looked like someone just shot off a million fireworks and the smoke was filling the air. We turned the corner and all the parked cars had a weird film of dust on them. Almost all at once, we yelled, "Go back! Cover your mouths!!" Hahaha. So, we experienced an extreme dust storm here, also called a "Haboob." It was pretty gnarly. My mom talked to a lady that's lived here 20 years and she said they've never gotten one this bad before. Ooooh the craziness of Arizona...


Brice and I went on a little adventure today (because the pool was filled with sand/mud/junk). We decided to find downtown Scottsdale! It was slightly stressful but we finally found "Old Town Scottsdale." It reminded me of the Indian/Mexican/Arizona version of downtown Parker. I loved the quaintness of it and it feels good to know how to get around town now.

Random: I'm going to be BOMB at driving & parking the truck by the end of this Summer. Also, I don't get burned by the sun down here! After 3 hours in the sun, I'm just dark. No red! Crazy, right?!? I'm pretty pumped.

Dad update: He had his first appointment two days ago. It was more of a meeting where they talked about what they are going to do and how they are going to do it. I'm pretty sure they were there for 4 hours. Today, he got more blood drawn and then did a blood transfusion type thing (haha I have no idea what I'm talking about...can you tell?). Anywhoo...today has been real stressful. Each day he feels more pain in his chest. And the treatment costs up the kazooha. I guess that's the easiest way to say it. So, my parents are a bit frantic and stressed and that's no fun. If you could pray that God would pour out his blessings, financially, that'd be great! I already know He will...so I guess you could change that to: Thank God for blessing us financially so dad can get the treatment he needs!


P.S. I could not be more thankful that there is a gym with our condo complex. The treadmill was my sanity pill for today (and will probably continue to be for each day)!

No comments:

Post a Comment