Saturday, August 6, 2011

bleeblaablue





warning::: this is going to be an extremely random, sporadic blog post :) enjoy.

My parents got back from AZ the other night! YAY! It's been so nice to have them home (especially because I don't have to play mommy anymore! wooohoo!). Dad is doing okay. He wasn't feeling good after driving 14hrs but he's happy to be home. His back has been hurting a lot lately. He says it's the tumors refluxing the pain into his back. Oh! Also, his operation to get the port put in went well! Success! Thanks for the prayers for that. It looks like a big bump under his skin on his chest. I almost passed out looking at it...haha which means it doesn't look bad or anything, stuff like that just freeeeaks me out. Anywhoo, my parents will probably be going back to Arizona for a few days of treatments again sometime soon-ish.


Please keep the Seedroff family in your prayers. Tom is in the hospital again. Guidance + peace is for sure needed (and of course HEALING).


I watched an ENTIRE game of soccer the other night! Amazing. Haha that was for sure a first. Ben, Brice, mom and I went to a Rapids game. Other than the players dramatically laying on the grass after barely getting hit, it was a great time! Loved it! Also, went to see "Calling Out West" in concert at the Gothic, along with "The Fairgrounds". Look 'em up, you might like them!


New obsession:
pinterest.com

Woke up this morning to the SUPER depressing news that over 20 Navy SEALs from SEAL team six lost their lives while fighting our our country's freedom. My heart goes out to the SEAL community, their families and all their friends. Sometimes I wish I could fix this stupid, disgusting, annoying and perverted world we live in. Makes me so sad.


I've been reading the book "Leadership and Self-Deception" off and on this Summer. I'd recommend it (even if you aren't a leader, it's still good). It just got me thinking about how amazing the world would be if each person saw everyone else and actually CARED about them as people. A lot of times I feel myself go on "auto pilot" and trot through life just trying to reach the goal I have in mind (such as: buy tooth paste and get out of the store as fast as possible so I can go home). I often wonder about all the randoms I pass by from day to day. I'm sure they all have junk going on in their lives. What makes them happy? Could I make their day by making them laugh or seeing how they are doing? Keep that in mind as you walk though life. Other people are walking too. Maybe you can make their journey a little brighter.


Have you ever prayed, "God, I'll do or go or say whatever you want me to." But then when He actually calls you to something you get gun shy? Hmmm well, I feel like God is calling me to something that I'm for sure gun shy about. But, one thing I've learned: it's better to be uncomfortable doing His will than being comfy outside of it. So, God: your will be done.


"As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him."

--are you walking IN HIM?
I have been asking myself that a lot lately. So, my new goal: Invite God to walk (and run) and do whatever else I do during my day...WITH ME.

Also, I went to the brand spankin' new DENVER IKEA with Emily Spirek! It was amazing. Wonderful store, spectacular company :)

No comments:

Post a Comment