Thursday, August 4, 2011

eleventh year.




Last week I enjoyed my 11th year of Nationwide Youth Roundup (NYR)!! Haha it's crazy to think I've been going to that camp for so long. Every year is always so epic and this year was definitely not a disappointment. Camping in beautiful Colorado with 2,000 other teens from around the states, listening to awesome speakers, and worshiping God in the great outdoors. How could ya beat that?

There were 33 of us all together which was one of the biggest groups we've ever had. To say it was the most ridiculous week of my life would be a complete understatement. I can't even remember how many times I asked, "Is this real life?!?" Our group was so diverse in every possible way. In race, age, language, gender, and spirituality. This made for such an incredible, fun, interesting, RIDICULOUS, and sometimes challenging time. I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Through the week there were so many highlights. Some of them included:
-Feminar & Manfrence nights
-Rockin' the rainboots
-College class
-Laughing uncontrollably (everyday!)
-Awesome worship in the valley
-Challenging & encouraging speakers
-Racing down Devils Head
-Lengthy talks about God
-Late night craziness with the other leaders
-Seeing God doing amazing things ALL week.
-Being able to see lives change
-Getting to know every one in the group way better

However, the biggest highlight of all was seeing 9 of our students decide to give their lives to God and be baptized!! There is truly nothing more beautiful in life. I mean seriously - what could be better than that? I think I cried at every single one. I pray that God will continue to strengthen and guide each one of you guys! Keep them lifted up in prayer:

Amir, Elyse, Hannah, Christian, Jordan, Nick, Dawit, Malaya & Carlos
"God can do anything, you know--
far more than you could ever imagine
or guess or request
in your wildest dreams!
He does it not by pushing us around
but by working within us,
his spirit deeply and gently within us."
-Ephesians 3:20 (message)

No comments:

Post a Comment